Picasso’s Café, Bakery & Catering Company in the Community
Picasso’s Operation PAINT- Picasso’s Assistance In Necessary Things
At Picasso’s, we believe in giving right back to our local communities. We show our appreciation to our customers and the community by sponsoring special events & participating in charitable events. As such, we created Picasso’s Operation PAINT program- Picasso’s Assistance In Necessary Things (PAINT)
Picasso’s Operation PAINT Program
Since our founding, Picasso’s and our founders have been active in our communities. Operation PAINT (Picasso’s Assistance In Necessary Things) was founded in 2009 to formalize our commitment to community involvement. Picasso’s commitment is to be an active responsible leader in the community and to support the personal and professional growth of the underprivileged of all ages locally. In addition, Picasso’s commitment is to express gratitude daily by being a shining example of the restaurant industry through our catering donations, monetary sponsorships, volunteer work and support of local non- profit groups and organizations and nationwide relief efforts. Operation PAINT is forever growing and some of our works over the years include:
- Proud supporter of the Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Food Donation Act, which promotes/encourages the donation of food, and proudly donates back catering and cafe food through our official arrangement with Pacific Clinics, Irwindale, feeding the homeless in the San Gabriel Valley.
- Proud supporter of “Dine America” days, national restaurant industry fundraising efforts to support Disaster relief funds to help those affected by such things as Hurricane Katrina and Tsunami Relief Aid. In January and May 2005, Picasso’s donated One Full Day of Pay and One Full Day of Catering and Café profits to help both causes.
- Proud Exclusive Restaurant and Caterer & Sponsor for LA’s Walk for Hope to Cure Breast Cancer for City of Hope, Duarte and Community Health Fairs
- Proud Platinum Sponsor and Cornerstone Member of the Irwindale Chamber of Commerce
- Proud Charter Member and sponsor of Soroptomist of Irwindale and active leader in support of our local communities’ efforts in finding solutions to issues that affect women, children and families of the Valley.
- Proud In kind Sponsor of Irwindale Educational Foundation donating tens of thousands of dollars over the years in catering services to their annual fundraising BBQ, and Young Citizen of the Year programs to benefit scholarships for the students of employees and families in Irwindale.
- Proud In-kind sponsor for San Gabriel Valley YWCA programs and their efforts to empower women and eliminate racism.
- Proud In-kind sponsor of the Citrus Valley Health Foundation in educating our local community of the importance of the health care crisis and how that impacts of Valley with our local hospitals.
- Proud In-kind sponsor of the La Canada Guild if the Huntington Memorial Hospital Annual Horse Show.
- Proud weekly food donations to local churches- Our Lady of Guadalupe, Irwindale & Azusa
- Proud sponsor of the Annual Baker to Vegas Run- Covina Police Department, Irwindale Police Department, and San Dimas Sherriff’s Department.
- Sponsor of Covina Women’s Club
- Proud In-kind sponsor of Hear Center of Pasadena
- Proud In-kind for Citrus College Foundation – taste of Autumn
- Proud sponsors of all middle schools and high schools in the area- Merwin, Charter Oak, Bishop Amat, St. Lucy’s
- Proud sponsor for local Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournaments and Community Tasting Events, and Business Networking Events
- Proud Team for San Gabriel Valley’s Habitat for Humanity, building a new home in Monrovia for the underprivileged with the help of 9 Picasso volunteer employees